University of the Witwatersrand WITS Nursing Application 2020, Nursing combines compassion, knowledge, and sophisticated health technology to restore, maintain, and promote the health of individuals, groups, or communities. Nursing is both an art and a science: caring, compassionate relationships blended with the development and application of nursing knowledge, techniques and ethics.
As a Wits nursing student, you will study in a rigorous and vibrant multidisciplinary environment that will stimulate your intellectual inquiry and professional responsiveness. You will learn in small groups and engage in cooperative learning as you work through real-life health scenarios, deciding how to access information that produces the best results in managing health issues.
Nurses practice in a range of settings, including hospitals, community clinics, industry, the military, private practices, homes, and in specialised areas such as hospice and rehabilitation and aged care facilities.
Wits also offers opportunities for further study in nursing.
English Home Language OR First Additional Language
Life Sciences AND/OR Physical Science
The Faculty of Health Sciences uses a composite index score to guide applicant selection. This includes:
- Your matric academic results for five subjects: English, Mathematics, Physical Science/Life Sciences, and the best two other subjects. We consider the percentage achieved, not the symbol.
- National Benchmark Test (NBT) scores
All applicants – excluding those who are applying to the Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) only – must write the NBT.
- The Student Enrolment Centre at Wits handles all student applications.
- Please click here for an overview of the application process.
- Check the admission requirements for your degree. Check if any additional selection requirements apply.
- Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
- Once you have applied, an admissions consultant will be assigned to your application.
- If you are an international applicant and/or have a foreign qualification, please click here.
30 June 2019
Faculty of Health Sciences (All programmes)
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Audiology
Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology
BA Film and TV
30 September 2019
All other University programmes