Gauteng College of Nursing Frequently Asked Questions; Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2020 at one of the College campuses: • Ann Latsky Nursing Campus • Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus • SG Lourens Nursing Campus • Bonalesedi Nursing Campus.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What are the requirements for the course?
As per advert
• Senior Certificate – English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
• National Senior Certificate – English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4 and an APS of 25
• Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 marks.
2. How can I apply?
Website – http://www.nursingintake.gpg.gov.za
Register Profile, Update your Resume (Personal Info, School Education, Training, Work Experience, References) and Apply.
Documents to verify information will be requested should the applicant met the shortlisting criteria – applicants will be contacted
3. What can I do if I don’t meet the criteria?
There is the possibility of upgrading their school leaving marks.
4. When is the intake?
5. Many ask for a bursary/learnership
Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary.
6. Why is Biology,Maths & Life Science necessary?
Nursing is a science and two of the most important subjects are anatomy and physiology – that is the structure and functioning of the human body and how the parts work as well as what happens if the parts are diseased.
These topics are covered in Biology,Maths and Life Sciences and students are able to understand nursing much better if they have the background. It has been found that students without these subjects struggle to understand much that is covered in nursing. Nurses are also required to do calculations.