Check Walter Sisulu University WSU Nursing Requirements before you apply for admission.
- All applicants are required to take the TEAS test (Test of Essential Academic Skills). Visit our TEAS page for information on what to expect and for a list of test dates, times, locations, and deadlines. Scores are valid from one year prior to the admission deadline. Please review the Application & Admission Timeline for specific dates.
- Applicants must be at junior standing (60 semester credits/90 quarter credits).
- 50 hours of work/volunteer experience in medical settings within the last 3 years.
(Please note: Sacred Heart and Holy Family cannot accommodate short-term volunteer opportunities or job shadowing. For long-term volunteer opportunities, contact their Volunteer Services departments.)
Download experience log form
- Favorable evaluation of all information in the application file by the Undergraduate Admissions and Progression Committee at the College of Nursing.
- WSU University Common Requirements (UCORE) or equivalent course work must be completed prior to nursing admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in all college course work.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in College of Nursing’s prerequisite courses.
- Minimum grade for each prerequisite course – 2.0 (pass/satisfactory grades, AP, IB, and CLEP scores are not accepted).
- Prerequisite courses may be repeated. However, repeated classes planned or in progress at the time of application must be completed as planned. If you want to withdraw from the repeated course, please contact your Nursing advisor immediately for advisement.
- No more than 3 prerequisite courses may be in progress during the final quarter/semester of lower-division requisite course work.
- All course work must be completed by the end of the spring term for fall admission, or by the end of fall term for spring admission.
- Virtual/online labs are not accepted. All lab courses must be taken in an on-campus format.