University of Free State Nursing Requirements,Your admission to University of Free State (UFS) is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements / APS for your chosen qualification. If you don’t meet these requirements for BSocSci: Nursing, you may want to consider alternative qualifications or possibly, if you qualify, an extended programme (refer to the college admission requirements), enabling you to register for limited modules in your first year.
Here are the University of Free State (UFS) – BSocSci: Nursing Admission Requirements:
- NSC and an AP of 30
- Language of instruction on level 4 (50%)
- Mathematics on level 3 (40%) or Mathematical Literacy on level 6 (70%)
- Life Sciences on 5 (60%)
- Physical Sciences on 4 (50%)
- Subject to selection
- NBT for Academic (AL) and Quantitative (QL) Literacy Test; and Mathematics Test (MT)
|Programme Description||Minimum Admission Requirements|
|Programme||Academic Plan Code||AP||Language of instruction||Mathematics||Mathematical Literacy||Life Sciences||Physical Sciences||Subject to selection||National Benchmark Test (Compulsory for selection)|
|BSocSci (Nursing)||2320||30||4 (50%)||3 (40%)||6 (70%)||5 (60%)||4 (50%)||Yes||AL, QL, MT|
- Either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy is required.
- Either Life Sciences or Physical Sciences is required.
- Closing date for applications is 31 July 2017.
- All applications for admission to BSocSci (Nursing) are subject to selection.
- Student numbers are determined by the limited number of clinical facilities.
- All prospective students must submit their application to the University of the Free State together with the selection form.
- The closing date for all applications for BSocSci (Nursing) is 31 July 2017.
- No late applications will be considered.
- All prospective students for BSocSci (Nursing) must write a National Benchmark Test (NBT).
- Preliminary selection will take place after the closing date for applications as set out in the selection policy.
- Mathematics OR Mathematical Literacy AND Physical Sciences OR Life Sciences, language of instruction and any other three subjects are required for BSocSci (Nursing). Life Orientation is excluded, as it is considered separately.
- English or Afrikaans is compulsory.
- A minimum admission point of 30 is required. This is calculated based on achievement in the above six subjects together with one mark for Life Orientation above achievement level 5.
- A minimum achievement level is required for the two compulsory science subjects (i.e. Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, Physical Sciences and Life Sciences) to calculate the selection mark.
- Final selection is confirmed in January, after the Grade 12 results have been obtained.
- The application form, selection form, application fee, medical report, health questionnaire, photographs, and certified copies of the ID and results must reach the School of Nursing, University of the Free State, simultaneously.
Pay attention to the following important information:
- Higher Education South Africa (HESA) set specific admission
requirements that you must meet if you want to study at any South
African university. If you finished school in or after 2008, and have a
National Senior Certificate (NSC), you need the following to apply for
admission to a Bachelor’s Degree at any South African university:
- Four (4) of the seven (7) subjects included in your NSC subject package, must be from the designated subject list.
- Achieve a performance level of at least 4 (50%) in each of these four (4) subjects
- All admission requirements apply to first year students in 2018.
- Admission to study at the UFS is dependent on the following:
- Your application meets all the minimum requirements for the programme
- The programme must have available space and capacity to admit students
- You have to submit valid school results with your application
- The UFS reserves to right to change the minimum requirements of each programme without notifying you.
- Applications for all non-selection programmes close on 29 September 2017.
An admission point (AP) consisting of seven levels is used. Points will be awarded for six academic modules.
Note: No points will be awarded for achievement levels lower than 30%:
|Percentage||7 (90-100%)||7 (80-89%)||6 (70-79%)||5 (60-69%)||4 (50-59%)||3 (40-49%)||2 (30-39%)|
One point is awarded for Life Orientation (LO) from achievement level 5 (60%) or higher.
More Important Info
- University of Free State Nursing Courses
- University of Free State Nursing Requirements
- University of Free State Nursing Application 2020
- University of Free State Nursing Contact Details