Netcare Education Application 2021, Netcare Education, a division of the Netcare Group, is regarded as one of South Africa’s leading private education and training institutions of healthcare professionals, both in nursing and ancillary health care and emergency medical services.
Netcare Education, a registered private higher education institution, comprises two faculties, with campuses in Johannesburg and Pretoria in Gauteng, Durban North in KwaZulu-Natal, Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape and Cape Town in the Western Cape. The Faculty of Nursing and Ancillary Healthcare (FNAH) provides formal education and training in the fields of nursing and ancillary disciplines, and the Faculty of Emergency and Critical Care (FECC) provides formal education and training in the field of emergency and critical care as well as first aid training for members of the public.
Our training programmes
Whether you are interested in a career in emergency medical services, a healthcare professional looking to upgrade or extend your skills, or are simply looking for peace of mind knowing that you have the necessary first aid skills to cope in a medical emergency, the FECC has a course to suit your needs.
We offer a variety of short courses, undergraduate and post-graduate programmes to prospective and current emergency medical services practitioners. Emergency medical training programmes are also offered to augment the inherent skills of doctors and nurses and provide them with focused insight into the field of emergency care.
Members of the public can enrol for a number of first aid courses aimed at equipping individuals with the necessary skills to act in all medical emergencies they are likely to encounter in their day-to-day lives and even to save lives. First aid courses are also offered to corporates and businesses, to have their employees trained in first aid.
The FECC offers training at our campuses in Midrand, Gauteng and Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal. The FECC’s footprint, however, extends across Southern Africa, as training can also be provided in any other region of South Africa based on the specific needs of larger student groups.
Courses for the general public
- CPR for family and friends – adults
- CPR for family and friends – children and infants
- Heartsaver CPR
- Heartsaver CPR in schools
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- First aid levels 1 – 3
Undergraduate short course programmes
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant programme
Other undergraduate programmes (aligned with the National Qualifications Framework)
- Diploma in Emergency Medical Care
- Higher Certificate in Emergency Medical Care
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS ®)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP®)
- AHA Airway Management Programme
- AHA ECG and Pharmacology Programme
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant Refresher Course
- Basic Life Support Refresher Course
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Basic Life Support Refresher Programme (BLS)
- Intermediate Life Support Refresher Programme (ILS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Basic Provider Course
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Advanced Provider Course
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ®) – Paediatric Provider Course
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS ®)