Your admission to Lilitha College of Nursing is dependent on you meeting the specific general admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications or possibly, if you qualify, an extended programme (refer to the college admission requirements), enabling you to register for limited modules in your first year.
Here are the Lilitha College of Nursing Admission Requirements:
- A well written application letter accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of a valid grade 12 certificate with aggregate D or E/S (from 750 and above) – old certificate and meet minimum requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree or diploma for the new certificate.
- Certified copy of 2017 Grade 11 end of the year report or term 1 Grade 12 report for candidates who are still doing Grade 12.
- The certificate or report must have the following subject as they are compulsory: English Level 3 and above/E symbol – old certificate and Biology (Life Sciences) Level 4 and above/D symbol –old certificates, other science subjects (Physical Science, Mathematics, Geography, Agriculture, Life Orientation) will be an added advantage as the Admission Point System (with minimum points of 18) will be utilized to select these candidates.
- Certified copy of study leave or letter from supervisor indicating that study leave is being processed for government employees.
- Certified copy of identity document.
- Certified copy of a marriage certificate for married candidates
- Curriculum vitae with reliable contact numbers and clear physical address indicating the town/farm/village of origin AS A CATCHMENT AREA
Prospective students must meet the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programmes and candidates educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that study leave is being processed by the current employer. However the final decision for studying at Lilitha College of Nursing will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programmes;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programmes. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
Admission Point System
|NSC Levels||NSC %||APS||APS %||Symbol|
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
|NSC Subjects||NSC %||Level||APS Allocated|
Applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each programme as this is dependent on the accredited capacity by South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified programme. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health related post matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health related post matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example dropped out of universities/technikons/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.