Durban University of Technology DUT Nursing Application 2020, We are committed to responding to the health care needs of the people of South Africa and the rest of Africa through:
- Providing holistic nursing education in a values-driven environment.
- Providing the highest standard of teaching, learning, research and community engagement.
- Ensuring the development of critical reflective nursing practice.
Empowering staff and students to succeed.
Durban University of Technology – How to apply
Planning a successful career at DUT doesn’t have to be a vague dream. We help prospective students make it a reality.
Are you having trouble deciding what career you would like to follow? We have developed a Career Decision-Making page – designed to take undecided learners through the career decision-making process in a systematic and user-friendly manner.
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to DUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in the Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination).
The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. Please refer to specific programmes for relevant closing dates, as some programmes close earlier than 31 October.
Include the appropriate application fee of R220 (non-refundable) when submitting your application form. Make sure that your application AND fee reach the CAO before the closing date. Submission of a completed application form does not imply that you have been accepted as a student, or that you may register.
All applicants will be notified, in writing, of the outcome of their application. The CAO provides an on-line application facility. Kindly consult the CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
- More Details
Durban University of Technology DUT Nursing Application 2020
Durban University of Technology Nursing Courses
Durban University of Technology Nursing College Contacts
Durban University of Technology Nursing Requirements