Apply to DUT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to DUT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying.
- The application process is through the Central Applications Office (CAO) which processes all first-time applications to institutions in KZN.
- The CAO will only accept one application form per applicant to a specific institution for a particular year.
- Make sure your latest academic results are scanned and ready to upload.
Please complete the CAO application form online, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (June/ Trial report if you have not written your final examination).
The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 30 September 2024 for Diploma & Degree programmes and 30 November 2024 for Higher Certificate programmes.
Please refer to specific programmes for relevant closing dates, as some programmes close earlier than 30 November 2023. Include the appropriate application fee of R250 (SA Citizen) / R300 (International applicants) when submitting your application form. Make sure that your application AND fee reach the CAO before the closing date.
Submission of a completed application form does not imply that you have been accepted as a student, or that you may register.
All applicants will be notified, in writing/SMS, of the outcome of their application. The CAO provides an online application facility. Kindly consult the CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za