The following are the University of Johannesburg UJ Nursing Courses available for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Bachelor of Midwifery and Nursing for undergraduates
Caring is a pivotal part of Nursing and the core of teaching, practice and research. The department offers a four year Bachelor in Nursing Science and Midwifery at undergraduate level.
The department offers evidence-based courses such as Further National Higher Diploma’s (Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science,Occupational Health Nursing) and postgraduate degrees.
Teaching and learning in the Department of Nursing is aligned to ‘take the learning’ to the learner in the most suitable made of presentation being aligned with the latest technology, education, nursing and research.
Student support and successful attainment is an important aspect to the Department of Nursing.
Master’s programmes are offered in the following fields of specialization:
- Professional Nursing Science: Ethos and Professional Practice
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Management
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Education
- Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care Nursing (General)
- Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Operating Theatre
- Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science
- Advanced Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Primary Health Care Clinical Nursing Science, Diagnosis, Treatment and Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing Science
- Community Health Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing