Ukwazi Nursing School Application 2020, KWAZI SCHOOL OF NURSING PTY LTD is accredited by the SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL as a Nursing Education Institution in terms of the Nursing Act, 2005.
Our Main Campus is in Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa and we also have a Sub-Campus in Potchefstroom, North West Province, South Africa.
COMMENCEMENT OF NEW QUALIFICATIONS
Nursing education in South Africa is in a flux of change. The old (legacy) nursing qualifications of Nursing Auxiliary (R2176) and Enrolled Nurse (R2175) have been phased out. The last intake of learners for all other legacy nursing qualifications will be 31 December 2019 as announced by the Minister of Higher Education and Training. The new Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing (R169) and Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse) are being phased in.
The phasing in of the new nursing qualifications is a lengthy and involved process that will require patience from prospective students wishing to study towards the new qualifications. The South African Nursing Council announced in December 2016 that the new Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing would start in January 2018 and the Diploma in Nursing in January 2019 which has not happened. The Council has thus far (after 4 years) failed to issue any nursing education institution with certificates of accreditation that would enable them to commence with these programmes – a situation which is causing great discontent. Both the Higher Certficate and the Diploma will commence as soon as the Council issues accreditation certificates.
REGISTRATION & ACCREDITATION
UKWAZI SCHOOL OF NURSING has complied with all legal requirements to offer the new qualifications:
- The School is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December 2022 as a private Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 – Registration Certificate No 2018/HE07/002.
- The School is accredited by the COUNCIL ON HIGHER EDUCATION (“CHE”) for the new qualifications: the Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing (CHE ref H/PR426/E001CAN) and the Diploma in Nursing (CHE ref H/PR426/E001CAN).
- The School’s qualifications for the new learning programmes have also been registered by the SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY: SAQA ID 98915 (Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing) and 97938 (Diploma in Nursing) – please refer to www.saqa.org.za (Registered Qualifications and Unit Standards).
- Both our campuses (Roodepoort main campus and Potchefstroom sub-campus) are already accredited by the SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL for the new Auxiliary Nurse qualification commencement being subject to the issue of accreditation certificates by the South African Nursing Council.
INTAKES FOR 2019
The School intends finalising the first intake of students for the Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing as soon as the South African Nursing Council issues certificates of accreditation which is anticipated to happen by mid-year or sooner. The School also anticpates that the Council will also finalise its accreditation processes as far as the Diploma in Nursing is concerned by mid-year.
Prospective students are urged to ensure timeously that they meet the admission criteria for the new qualifications as prescribed by statute and stipulated by UKWAZI SCHOOL OF NURSING: please access the ADMISSION CRITERIA button at the top of this page for more information in this regard.
The old (legacy) auxiliary nurse and enrolled nurse qualifications have been phased out by the SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL.
The following new nursing qualifications are being phased in
- the HIGHER CERTIFICATE in AUXILIARY NURSING – a 1 year programme; and
- the DIPLOMA IN NURSING: STAFF NURSE (GENERAL NURSE) – a 3 year programme.
UKWAZI SCHOOL OF NURSING has already been accredited by the COUNCIL ON HIGHER EDUCATION for both of the new qualifications and it is also registered by the SOUTH AFRICAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY for these qualifications. The SCHOOL has been inspected by the SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL for the new qualifications and both the main campus (Roodepoort) and our Potchefstroom sub-campus have been accredited for the new Auxiliary Nurse qualification. –
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION: APPLICATION FORM
The School will commence admission procdures for the first intake of students for the Higher Cerificate in Auxiliary Nursing at both its ROODEPOORT CAMPUS and POTCHEFSTROOM SUB-CAMPUS as soon as the South African Nursing Council has decided on the School’s commencement of the programme.
Details of the first intake of the Diploma in Nursing will be finalised later.
An Information Brochure (prospectus) which explains the dates of all intakes; fees payable; course content; etc will be available from our offices in due course. It will be available by fax; email; or personal collection. You are invited to contact your campus of choice – Roodepoort or Potchefstroom (see tabs at the top of this page) for further information in this regard.
Link to formal Application Form to be made available in due course.