The following are the NWU Nursing Requirements for Nursing short courses, degree courses and postgraduate nursing courses.
NWU Bachelor of Nursing Requirements
Provisional selection of a minimum of 82 candidates per campus, will take place during the 3rd week of August, taking into account of the following:
- Grade 12 June exam results – primarily in Mathematics or Physical Sciences or Life Sciences, as well as APS score will be used to calculate a quantitative selection mark.
- Henceforth all candidates’ selection mark are arranged from highest to lowest and the top 80 (+10%) are placed on the “provisional” selection list.
- Successful candidates will be informed of the selection process results via SMS and/or email.
- The final selection will be completed as soon as the final grade 12 exam results are available (usually early January).
- University selection test for first year nursing students: Will be communicated via SMS and/or email.
- 40 hours (1 week) of job shadowing is recommended as part of the selection process.
PhD in Nursing Science
- Masters degree in Nursing
- At least 65% for Masters degree
1. Documents submitted with application
2. Essay on area of proposed study. (Students need to fit in promoter’s research programme)
3. Assessment of academic literacy
4. Possible selection panel interview