Applications are usually open from April to September each year. Please ensure that you apply in time. All applications have to be screened to ensure that students comply with the entrance requirements and the requirements of the training programme.
Upon acceptance, you will receive registration information. Registration is normally towards the end of January or the beginning of February each year.
Prospective postgraduate students who wish to study at Nelson Mandela University in 2021 are invited to apply for a postgraduate certificate, diploma, honours, master’s or doctoral degree using our online application system.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for early admission in 2021 should be submitted by 03 August 2020. Places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application form and ALL supporting documentation by 03 August 2020.
Before completing an application form, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for the qualification that you are applying for or refer to the relevant faculty guide. Postgraduate M & D applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24).
The U24 form can be obtained from the admissions office by e-mailing: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate U24 application forms must be submitted to: email@example.com
For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Your application form must be accompanied by:
- a copy of your matriculation/school leaving certificate,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct,
- a copy of your ID,
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or studying at a tertiary institution, or do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- postgraduate (U24) application form.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted you will receive registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance depend on the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are busy studying elsewhere.