Helderberg Training Centre Application 2021, The Helderberg Training Centre, which was founded in 1991, is accredited by the South African Nursing Council as a training facility and provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education in terms of the Further Education & Training Act.
It is also registered as a non-profit organization (059-906NPO) and a public benefit organization (PBO 930024742). Since its inception, some 2300 learners have been registered with the Centre.
Many of these auxiliary nurses have gone on to further their nursing careers through one of the public or private teaching hospitals.
- Currently be unemployed
- Reside in the Western Cape for the duration of the course
- Be South African citizens
- Have Grade 12 with an average of 50% for English
- Biology and Natural Science would be advantageous
- Be fully functioning in basic mathematics, which will be tested
- Be fully conversant in English.
- Must have completed a care giver course at an accredited institution with at least 6 months experience post qualification.