Here are all the available Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Courses offered. All applicants should take note before applying
Course Structure: The College provides the following fulltime Programmes:
Post Basic Diplomas: One Year: R212
- Clinical Nursing Science, Health Assessment, Treatment and Care (PHC),
- Child Nursing Science,
- Orthopaedic Nursing,
- Ophthalmic Nursing,
- Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science (Centralised and Decentralised (DPAM),
- Critical Care Nursing,
- Operating Theatre Nursing
- Community Nursing Science,
- Diploma in Nursing (General. Community, Psychiatry) and Midwifery: Four Years: R425
- Diploma in General Nursing Science (bridging Course): Two Years: R683
- Diploma in One Year Midwifery: One Year: R254
- Enrolled Nursing (EN): Two Years: R2175
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliary (ENA): One Year: R2176
Short Learning Programmes:
- Anesthesiology for all categories of nurses (4 weeks)
- Primary Health Care (6 weeks)
- HIV/AIDS and TB Management Certificate (8 weeks)
DURATION OF STUDIES
This is a general guide as to the length of study for various academic programs offered at Lilitha College of Nursing.
|Short Learning Programmes: PHC||To Be Advised|
|New Nursing Auxiliary||To Be Advised|
|General Nursing Science (B/Course) R683||2 years|
|Basic Diploma (R425)||4 years|
|Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)|
-Child Nursing Science
-Community Nursing Science
-Clinical Assessment, Treatment and Care
-Critical Nursing Science
-Operating Nursing Science
-Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
-Orthopaedic Nursing Science
-Ophthalmic Nursing Science
-One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
|Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174||4 years|
|Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171||3 years|
|Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169||1 Year|
| Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786||1 Year|
LANGUAGE POLICY FOR TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT
The official medium of instruction, learning and assessment for LCoN is english.
DIPLOMA LEADING TO REGISTRATION AS A NURSE (GENERAL, COMMUNITY, PSYCHIATRIC) and MIDWIFERY: R425
To register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate::
|NSC Subjects||NSC %||Level||APS Allocated|
|English or Any other Language||54%||4||3|
|Geography or Agricultural Science||68%||5||4|
Applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma
- Enrolled Nurses and Auxiliary nurses with a standard 10 certificate will be considered irrespective of an aggregate symbol in Grade 12 certificate;
- Candidates admitted to the programme are to be within the age limits as specified below:
Scholars : 18-35 year bracket
Serving Officers/Study Leave : 45 year limit
N.B. Your Senior Certificate will be verified with the Department of Education/Umalusi as quality assurer and you will be liable for the costs incurred in this exercise. Remember, it is an offence to submit a forged/altered certificate and consequences will be immediate dismissal.
Catchment areas will be determined by the seat of the main and its satellite campuses in the Eastern Cape Province areas and priority areas of the Eastern Cape Department of Health.
- Port Elizabeth Main campus; Nelson Mandela Metro and Cacadu/Sarah Baartman Districts (Makana, Port Alfred, Grahamstown, Somerset East, Graaf Reinet, Cambedoo, Aberdeen, Blue Crane, Willowmore, Joubertina and Humansdorp and the surrounding rural areas).
- Queenstown Main campus; Chris Hani and Joe Gqabi Districts (Barkley East, Rhodes, Rossouw, Aliwal North, Sterkspruit, Burgersdorp, Jamestown, Steynbsburg, Venterstad, Maclear, Mount Fletcher, Ugie, Dordrecht, Molteno, Glen Grey, Lady Frere, Indwe, Whittlesea, Lesseyton, Cradock, Middleburg, Tarkastad, Ntabethemba, Molteno, Sterkstroom, Hofmeyer, Engcobo, Elliot, Cofimvaba, Tsomo and surrounding rural areas).
- East London Main campus; Amathole/Buffalo City Districts (Mdantsane, Berlin, King Williams Town, Bhisho, Dimbaza, Peddie, Alice, Fort Beaufort, Stutterheim, Keiskammahoek, Middledrift, Ngqamakhwe, Butterworth, Cathcart, Nxarhuni, Tsholomnqa, Ndevana, Litha, Zwelitshsa, Bedford, Seymour, Adelaide, Debenek, Elliotdale, Mqanduli, Idutywa, Willowvale, Mthatha, Centane, Komga and the surrounding rural areas).
- Lusikisiki Main Campus; All Alfred Nzo District and some of the OR Thambo Sub Districts (Bizana, Flagstaff, Lusikisiki, Ntabankulu, Mt Frere, Mt Ayliff, Maluti, Matatiele, Staffords Post, Port St. Johns, and its surrounding rural areas.
- Umtata Main Campus – OR Thambo Districts (Ngqeleni, Libode, Lusikisiki, Bambisana, Elliotdale, Qumbu, Tsolo, Mclear, Ugie, Mthatha and its surrounding rural areas).
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Selection of candidates will be done according to the following system:
- 50% will be males.
- 50% will be females;
- On completion of phase 2, an interview schedule will be compiled for the prospective candidates;
- The interview panel shall consist of all the stakeholders as follows:
- College management
- Representatives from the campus
- Labour representative
- Social Compact
- Stakeholders (Union Representative)
- A candidate who has been called for an interview will be informed at the interview session that if he or she does not hear from the college after an interview, then the application was unsuccessful.
Medical examinations will be done as part of Phase 4 of the process for the purposes of assisting the candidates if the need arises from the medical report.
The selected/successful candidates will be informed by the Campus Head to commence training on the 01 February of each year on instruction of the college management.
POST BASIC PROGRAMME R 212
The college also offers career advancement programmes to nursing professionals already holding a professional nurses post in the nursing field and having passed Grade 12. These programmes require a registered nursing professional with an active license to practice and with at least two years’ experience in the clinical environment:
Diploma in Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
Diploma in Child Nursing Science
Diploma in Critical Care Nursing Science
Diploma in Community Nursing Science
Diploma in Clinical Assessment Treatment and Care
Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing Science
Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing
Diploma in Orthopaedic Nursing Science
NB: 10% of the Post Basic annual intake to be allocated to the College faculty staff members across all college campuses and satellite campuses.
POST REGISTRATION PROGRAMMES
The college also offers a bridging course programme to staff nurses already holding a staff l nurse post in the nursing field. The other Programme is a one year midwifery course only done by those who have completed a bridging course:
Bridging Course (General Nursing) R683
One year Midwifery R254
- Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Courses
- Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Requirements
- Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Application 2020
- Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Contact Details