The University of the Free State’s (UFS) School of Nursing remains at the forefront of nursing education with their innovative simulation, teaching, and learning facilities.
The school also houses the Academy for Continuing Nursing Education which presents Short Learning Programmes.
The South African Nursing Council (SANC), the Council of Higher Education (CHE), and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) approved the curriculum for the Bachelor of Nursing at the University of the Free State (UFS).
Prospective students are encouraged to apply no later than 31 July 2020 to be considered for the first selection committee scheduled for 15 September 2020. Selection will be based on academic performance.
According to the SANC, only 75 first year students can be registered for the Bachelor of Nursing at the UFS State in 2021.
The minimum requirements to apply for a Bachelor of Nursing are:
1. Admission Point (AP) 30
2. Language of instruction 50%
3. ** Mathematics 40% or Mathematical Literacy 70%
4. ** Life Sciences 60% or Physical Sciences 50%
** Either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy is required, as well as either Life Sciences or Physical Sciences.
• Please ensure that your application (with all the supporting documents, including a medical certificate) is complete.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
Any inquiries about the application process can be directed to Klopper1@ufs.ac.za