Lilitha College of Nurshing (Main Campus) Requirements, Recruitment and selection of students in the Eastern Cape must ensure accessibility of nursing education programmes to both rural and urban candidates and alleviation of a gross shortage of nurses in the Province, especially in the remote rural areas.
Prospective students must meet the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programmes and candidates educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that study leave is being processed by the current employer. However the final decision for studying at Lilitha College of Nursing will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programmes;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programmes. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
Admission Point System
|NSC Levels||NSC %||APS||APS %||Symbol|
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
|NSC Subjects||NSC %||Level||APS Allocated|
Applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each programme as this is dependent on the accredited capacity by South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified programme. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health
related post matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the
identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health related post matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example dropped out of universities/technikons/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.
- Lilitha College of Nurshing (Main Campus) Courses
- Lilitha College of Nurshing (Main Campus) Requirements
- Lilitha College of Nurshing (Main Campus) Application 2020
- Lilitha College of Nurshing (Main Campus) Contact Details