Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College Application 2020, We are building NurseCentral, the one-stop-solution for South Africa’s Nurses and future Nurses: Everything in one place.
Nurse or Nursing College Applicant? Sign up now
As a future Nurse, you can
- Be selected for student loans
- Be found, selected and invited by South Africa’s Nursing Colleges
- Be found by your future employer
- Make friends & get help and advice from your peers
Already a Nurse? You can
- Be found by various employers in the health industry
- Make friends by helping out your less experienced peers
Create your account & join:
In 1985 an agreement was signed between the University of the Witwatersrand, and the department of Hospital Services. This provided for the university to supervise matters pertaining to academic standards in the training of nurses. At present the four year basic course is offered within the framework of this association.
This agreement also set up the structure for control of the college activities by two bodies:
- The College Council
- The College Senate
The College Council, which includes members of the public, deals with aspects like budgeting, physical facilities, posts, disciplinary matters and service conditions. The College Senate is concerned with academic matters.
The college offers the following courses:
- Four year diploma in nursing, which include General, Psychiatric, Community Health and Midwifery Nursing Science
- Two year course for Pupil Enrolled Nurses
- Post Basic Nursing Science Courses, which include
- One year Midwifery course
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing Science
- Community Health
- Child Nursing
- Critical Care
- Operating Room Technique
- Primary Health Care
The college has offered it’s physical facilities to the community to conduct an education programme on Saturdays, known as SUPEDI (Supplementary Education Programme). This is a non-profit community based programme upgrading Grade 1 – 7 Soweto pupils in English and Mathematics.
The college also serves as a venue for continuing education programmes, run by the hospital, local authority clinics and the community.
Need a job in nursing or healthcare in general? Check out our job offers!
You may check back later for updated content or contact the hospital directly.